Aug 6, 2013

My Little Bug & Reflux

Today has been a rough day. Little man doesn't usually get reflux but on the rare occasion that he does (like today) it gets bad. 

It started this morning when he kept choking on his bottle. Later he was supposed to be napping I had a feeling I should just hang onto him instead of putting him in his crib. About 30 minutes later (and still awake) Bubba started to spit up all over. Thank heaven I didn't put him in his crib and shower and get ready as I had planned. 

The trouble is that he doesn't digest the thicker formulas where the proteins arent broken down. The fact he chokes on thin formula makes me nervous about adding rice cereal to thicken his formula or change to something else. We currently use the Enfamil Gentlease and the pediatricians say that our only other option is to use soy formula. We are trying to keep Bubba at a 45 degree angle for 30-45 minutes to keep his food down, but it is tiring and hard especially in the mornings.

I feel bad for him especially when I can tell he is uncomfortable or in the middle of the night it sounds like he is choking.

I just hope B gets through this soon. It definitely makes me nervous going back to work and having someone else take care of him.

We are off to the grocery store to pick up some stomach acid medicine. You can tell from his picture he isn't feeling 100%. He has been giving some heart breaking sad faces when he's in pain. 


B has another dr appointment later this week to make sure it is for sure reflux and nothing else. My poor baby boy :(

No comments:

Post a Comment